Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The outcome...

Well... after 2 hours... the rest of the saga unfolded.

WOW!  Unbelievable...  The problem is that NICE people can make bad decisions and NICE people can be rubbish...

We found out where the issues really lay... and it was and became apparent to where it did lie...  The head of the class (who wasn't there till date).  and it wasn't the school board lady who was just as shocked at we were....

We found out that SHE (head of the room)was responsible for Hiring the aide, and SHE had 4 days of training worth on the speech app... and SHE was responsible for ensuring the room was clean and.....

This lady (very lovely actually) it's that what makes it hard... SHE never told the school board who she hired as his aide, the school board were stunned like we were (after the whole bullying thing last year).  SHE wasn't even there in the room, I found out last week that she wasn't working there this year  (till this all kicked off)...

Still total silence on how, when the room or toys were cleaned or IF they ever had... my husband said that it was a "crickets moment" = dead silence... ROL (Roar of laughter).  - but it's not funny!

The most amusing bit was.... that this aide (who disliked my son so very much) apparently has been on an OT course an the INFAMOUS TOILET SEAT that this aide says DOESN'T fit... well according to the School board lady and the Room leader (SHE), both said it wasn't a bad fit... the AIDE (with OT training that she thought so highly of...) WASN'T USING IT RIGHT!  What a total and utter joke!

The room leaders take on why they didn't apply for another aide?  Well, it was because this aide (super stressed out, doesn't like my son and let him get totally bullied last year) had been on an OT course so therefore most qualified.... hhhmmmm (yep, and she couldn't use the toilet seat right so it hurt her back!) must ask her for details of THAT course... NOT!

Well he is now officially left, I have to say that I am so sad for Oatie... when we told him yesterday, he switched off his Ipad... came over in a very slow crawl, looked at us with his gorgeous eyes and had the biggest monkey on the lip pout, climbed up and said.... "I no words... but Oatie is very very sad...  Oatie LOVE School, Oatie loves Friends".  I asked him if the nice man aide he had ever growled at him for no reason and he said no, never... I asked him if this aide growls at him (when he isn't being naughty) and he said Yes..... Oatie then said "Oatie is good boy, but AideX still growls at him! but Oatie good".

Yep the victim in this is yes, my son.... but it's always the case isn't it... the one who benefits from going to school, forgetting his CP for an hour or two gets treated like XXXX.

The funding, i found out isn't that transferable... it's school board to school board....

We're now on the waitlist for another preschool that is attached to my older two's school... where the funding can be transferred....

I suppose I'm just sad that after all the XXXX we went through last year with this preschool.. I had more of an expectation that things would go right this year... and not have all the anger and upset that we had last year...

I do feel sad for Oat, this morning he said, "No School for Oatie and looked sad".  Unfortunately for him my sons and daughter take after me... they will put up with endless amounts of XXXX and just stomach it.... if they like the social aspect of it or the actual organisation...  (or if they feel that they have a right not to be bullied... and try and ride it out). ( I did that with the Girl Guides I got bullied for years by this horrid lady, but I loved going on the adventures with my friends) although I did transfer after 3 years of it to a different unit when we moved.

3 comments:

  1. I am sickened that you and Oatie had to go through all of this. I mean, he's too young to be hit with the reality that some people are just horrible lazy individuals. And to have to fight for basic services is deplorable. I'm glad you're at home and not going to the school any more. Uggghhh, and to think of what really was going on---it make my heart break for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizbeth,

    It is sick, isn't it.... Oatie now has not a single service from the state at all.

    I know, I wonder how taking Oatie to the toilet would have gone, as you can really put a kid off depending on your approach...

    It was when an older lady who I go to adult learn to skate, who worked in special education said he might be fine now, but after hearing what I put on the blog, she was like the repercussions of what Oatie heard might surface in years to come...

    He after his last session at preschool has now developed a panic attack style each time either I or my husband pick him up of the ground, Oatie just yesterday punched me in the eye and elbowed my nose when he paniced... I keep on telling myself that i can't be anything at school maybe it's him having an ABR change. The therapy that we do.

    We have never dropped him ever and last year (taking him into school I slipped over on the icey path and I cradled him in my arms so my back/hips took the full brunt of it and he was snuggled safe in my arms.) You just do that as a parent - protect your child.

    Love

    Mel
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...