Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A trip to the Farm... well Garden Centre... Farm... ohhh Lingo lol!


Today Oatie went on a field trip literally, well it was to a local Farm and in the UK you'd class it more as a Garden Centre with coffee shop... needless to say, it's one of my favourite places to visit locally... the food is gorgeous and I think most of the food items are grown or raised on their land.

Well it was really nice to spend some one on one with Oatie, in a fun non therapy way. Becaues of the large loose rocks it's not the best to take a stroller but I did show the other mum with a 10month old... the special technique for the rocks... (having had 3 years of experience of it lol!) I remember the first time navagating the rocks with Oatie when he was 1 thinking, phew... "Glad he'll be walking soon! lol!" little did I know.

I'm not sure if I mentioned... but my daughter is doing a K project where she presents something new to the class each each, she's like kid of the week and each week it's someone elses turn. They present right from their very first photo EVER to today.... I was looking at the photos of Oatie as a Baby and scrutinising them..., and even when my daughter was snuggling with him in her arms with me on the couch... he looked "Normal" he was even a chub-ster like my eldest... Apart from the non walking (when my super figure skating 6 year old daughter didn't walk till she was almost 3) there was no actual cue... The speech of Oatie at a comparable age to my eldest was no worst (in fact some words were better) than my now Public Speaking Savvy almost 8 year old.... Like I knew when we had to insist to our GP that he needed to see someone (Our GP was still like.. no he's fine.. just lazy....)...

Well getting on to our Fabulous day... Oatie had the most impeccable manners, he was a thorough Gent... he is a true sweetheart and well I felt like a very lucky lady having those yummy hands of his in mine for 2 hours while I did my "John Wayne" swaggering walk (I straddle Oatie legs and hold both his hands) forwards and walking backwards around the Farm. We walked and looked around the plants, the plantlings, the flowers, the pig. (yep one) and the excotic chicks... the Roosters... and then we stopped off in the Cafe for some homemade baked goods....

Had another milestone moment, all the kids wanted to sit on a plastic horse... and Oatie insisted and insisted... I put him on there ready to catch him as was another mum... just in case and even though he didn't like it too much when he was on there, he actually could SIT on it... unaided!!!

We had a brilliant time and it was a glorious day... I got a tan for sure... and it was so nice I even managed to extract Oatie's Coat off him...

OK OK... and it was nice to Dry off after being in the rain for 3 days in Montreal... cold damp rain... (reminded me of England lol!) well nice and dry in Sunny AB...

Oh and Phil, I left AB it was almost wintery, and 4 day later we've gone past buds to full leaflets!!!!

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. You and Oatie just make me smile!!! You seem to never miss a moment to educate and to find joy. Neither one of you seem tired from your training and traveling - must be your age (a bit envious, I am. . . )
    Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...