Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My first fieldtrip !!!

Today I went on my first fieldtrip ever. Mum wanted me to experience it, just like my able bodied friends, so I went with my aide (no mum or dad). I found out afterwards that mum was only 200m away. First we went to the supermarket and then the police station. I had the best day and no separation anxiety. My aide said I was great, I've never done that before have time away from mum apart from school. I had the best day and said "mama I love fieldtrips, maman j'adore fieldtrip" he told his dad about it and his sister too. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

6 comments:

  1. The trip was a huge huge confidence boost for Oatie, he told his big brother at dinner, told me all his favourite foods he saw in the supermarket, in both languages at bedtime, it was lovely I think he thought I'll tell mum both, so if she doesn't understand English, I'll tell her in French too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Oatie!!! That sounds like a great field trip! I think going to the the supermarket is a great idea, and all kids love the police and fire station! Cj used to hate field trips, cry the whole time, now he loves them! When he was younger, he did not want to do anything but stay home or go to school. With the new van coming he will see much more of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa thank you for your lovely comments, that is so so exciting for CJ do you have an arrival date for the van? I hope the date's soon. Where's going to be your first outing in the van? Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, good question!

    Since the weather is still bad, I think it will be the New England Aquarium, the Museum of Science and the Museum of Fine Arts! His school has free passes to boot! This spring and summer we are go to do some camping in NH, some weekend trips, including, the Cape and Maine! I just hope gas prices go down, we may be going nowhere..lol. Thank goodness we live one block from the ocean!

    It's going to be soooo much easier to go anywhere! The van should be here by March 28th!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lisa,

    Oh that is just so exciting picking your first outing. So exciting and so happy that you've managed to get the van and everything it's going to be so liberating and just fantastic. I hope that Gas prices go down too for you too.

    Wow, 1 block from the Ocean that sounds gorgeous. We're inland inland here which is quite funny as we were never really more than an hour from the sea in England!

    Not long till the 28th, at least you don't get it on April the 1st!

    Have a Super weekend,

    Love

    Mel
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...