Thursday, November 11, 2010

No ABR today, Mama had a second wave of being ill...

I was very sad today as Mama had a relapse and was ill and I didn't have school, and my brother was now ill too...  So we couldn't go to the remembrance service today.  We did all wear our poppies and observe the two minutes silence.

Today we watched the story of Helen Keller, mama read the book when she was a kid and found the story very moving and inspirational, and hoped that it might enlighten my brother and sister that I too am trapped, not as badly as Helen Keller was at all.... but in my own way, like not being able to get my words out and the frustrations.... and also teach them that amazing things can happen or be achieved....  And hopefully to be grateful for what they do have, all their senses and motor function wonderful.... (they both figure-skate).  Speaking of which, they have the "Special Olympics Category" at the fun skate coming up  I think they have the level 3's so it might be quite advanced...., it's only an hour or so after my sister skates in her first competition... so mum would like to look at the category that is competing... and I know I can't walk now and I may never do so un-aided... but I soooo want to ice skate, and I will, in my own way, even if it ends up being unconventional...

Well, I'm on my buzz bench now... zzzzzzz-ing away, mum and dad have worked out that we could get 12 hours or so in of the machine, if the stop it and restart it when they go to bed..... that would be an extra 1-2 hours of machine a night! whoo hoo!

Hope mama is better for tomorrow, as my ball is calling for it to be rolling.... ohhh and I learnt to hum today and I can parrot repeat all my big brothers spelling words in total clarity!  Still no word back from our speech assessment...

Sweet Dreams.... Love Oatie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...